Anesthesia is one of the most critical aspects of surgery for your pet. We take our commitment to you seriously and offer the following:
- Pre-anesthetic physical examinations, all pets would have a thorough exam by the veterinarian and in suspected patients, EKG, Blood pressure or more testing is also performed.
- Blood chemistries and the ability of the blood to clot are fundamental to a safe recovery. It would be a huge mistake to give a pet an anesthetic or perform surgery without knowing how the liver or kidney are functioning or if the blood would even clot!!
- Intravenous catheters and IV fluids help to keep your pet hydrated, maintain glucose/electrolytes levels and stabilized during the procedure. It also allows for immediate access to veins for the administration of emergency or reversal drugs in case of an anesthetic complication, shock or pain. IV fluids help in the quick elimination of anesthetic agents from the body and hence quick/smooth recovery.
- Ultra safe anesthesia: We use the most modern inhalant anesthetics, Isoflurane gas, to make anesthesia as safe as possible for your pet. This is the same anesthetic used in most human hospitals for pediatrics. We have two anesthetic machines with different circuits for large dogs, small dogs, cats, pocket pets and birds.
- Warm water circulating pads help your pet stay warm during procedures where they otherwise lose heat and become hypothermic very quickly which in turn can cause some other complications.
- Intraoperative monitoring care, physically by a qualified operating room nurse and a combination of some of the various anesthetic monitors-EKG, BP monitor, pulse oximeter, respiratory monitor, temperature monitor, esophageal stethoscope with audible monitors etc.
- Surgical suite with laminar air flow helps protect your pet during surgery and provides the proper environment for the specialized and highly technical surgeries. The surgery room is equipped with the highest quality instruments, including monitors, cautery and suction, allowing us to perform many soft tissue surgeries such as ovariohysterectomies, neuters, tumor removals, cystotomies, abdominal exploratories, orthopedic surgery, TPLO surgery and much more.