Surgery – Our surgical suite with laminar air flow helps protect your pet during surgery and provides the proper environment for the specialized and highly technical surgeries. The surgery room is equipped with the highest quality instruments, including heart/respiration/EKG/Spo2/BP/temp monitors, variety of temperature control equipment, emergency drugs/equipment, cautery and suction, allowing us to perform many soft tissue surgeries such as ovariohysterectomies (Spays), neuters, tumor removals, cystotomies, abdominal exploratories, Thoracic surgeries, orthopedic surgeries, TPLO surgeries and much more.
We recommend pre-op exam and consultation before any surgery to make the procedure as safe as possible. Your pet may also need pre-surgical blood work and x-rays or other diagnostic procedures to assess the risk factors and choices of anesthetic agents/protocols.
We offer free consultation/exam before all elective surgeries and procedures like spay, neuter & dental services. This can be done on the day of the procedure or any other day before the procedure. Estimates are given at the time of consultation.
Thursday is our spay and neuter clinic, call us for more information.
Please read the following instructions carefully.
The Night Before your Scheduled Appointment:
- Keep your pet safely inside your home.
- No food for adult pet (including bones, treats, snacks) after 8 pm.
- Pets under 4 months should have a small meal on the morning of surgery.
- Water is fine until the morning of the procedure. We recommend taking it away when you wake up that morning, so your animal has a small amount of time without it before coming in.
The Day of Surgery:
- Drop off time the day of the surgery is between 8:00 – 10:00 am.
- Admission typically takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
- All dogs must be wearing a collar and leash and all cats must be in a carrier.
- Please give your dog a good walk prior to arrival.
- For routine surgeries pick up is the same day between 5:00-6:30 pm.
- For orthopedics and other major surgeries, we may require your pet to stay overnight and pick up will be the next day between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- We will give you both verbal and written instructions for the post-surgery care.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 604-870-9333.