Please read the following instructions carefully.
The Night Before your Scheduled Appointment:
- Keep your pet safely inside your home.
- No food for an adult pet (including bones, treats, snacks) after midnight.
- Pets under 4 months should have a small meal on the morning of surgery.
- Water is fine until the morning of the procedure. We recommend taking it away when you wake up that morning, so your animal has a small amount of time without it before coming in.
The Day of Surgery:
- Drop off time the day of the surgery is between 8:00 – 10:00 am.
- Admission typically takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
- All dogs must be wearing a collar and leash and all cats must be in carrier.
- Please give your dog a good walk prior to arrival.
- For routine surgeries pick up is same day between 5:00-6:30 pm on weekdays and 12:00-2:30 pm on Saturdays.
- For orthopedics and other major surgeries, we may require your pet to stay overnight and pick up will be next day between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- We will give you both verbal and written instructions for the post-surgery care.
Please also take the time to read about our commitment to safe anesthesia as you may be asked to authorize recommended procedures during check-in.
If you have any question, please feel free to call us at 604-870-9333